8000 lb. Hot One Ton Diesel — 4×4
Revised – January 2017
ALERT: Tractor & Truck pullers hitch opening size requirements: 3 ¾ inch front to back and 3 inch side to side.
- ENGINE, RUNNING GEAR, AND CHASSIS MUST BE FACTORY ONE TON OR BELOW OR REPLACEMENT. ENGINE SWAPS BETWEEN MANUFACTURERS PERMITTED.
- DRAWBARS ALLOWED.
- 26 INCH HITCH HEIGHT. HITCH OPENING SIZE REQUIREMENTS 3 ¾ INCH FRONT TO BACK AND 3 INCH SIDE TO SIDE.
- DOT TIRES ONLY.
- EXHAUST MUST EXIT STRAIGHT UP OR STRAIGHT DOWN. MUST HAVE 2 GRADE 5 3/8 BOLTS 1/2 INCH APART 90 DEGREES FROM EACH OTHER AND RECOMMENDED TO BE 12 INCHES FROM EXHAUST IMPELLER.
- HANGING WEIGHT ALLOWED NOTHING TO EXCEED 60″ FROM CENTER OF FRONT AXLE .
- DRIVE SHAFT LOOPS, U-JOINT SHIELDS, BLOW PROOF BELLHOUSING AND/OR SFI SCATTER BLANKET REQUIRED.
- AIR SHUT OFF REQUIRED.
- FIRE EXTINGUISHER REQUIRED!!!!!!
- PROTEST RULE: If a truck is protested, the protest must be made to a member of the Tech Committee by a competitor in the same class either before the pull starts or before the truck in question leaves the pulling track. A protest fee of $500 must be paid by the protester, which will go to protestee if the truck is found to be legal. All points and prize money for that pull will be forfeited, protest fee returned to protester, and protestee barred from pulling at club sanctioned pulls for one year if truck found to be illegal or refusal of tear down. This must be done in one hour time limit. (Revised-Jan 2017)
- MODIFIED STREET TRUCKS, WITH ALL SAFETY EQUIPMENT, MAY PULL IN THIS CLASS.
- TRACK AND TECH OFFICIALS DECISIONS ARE FINAL!!!!!!!!
- NO PRESSURIZED BOTTLES ALLOWED, INCLUDING NITROUS OXIDE AND PROPANE. (New-Jan 2016)
- ANY FACTORY WHEEL BASE TRUCK LENGTH 172 INCHES MAXIMUM. (New-Jan 2017)
- Helmet/seat belt is required. (New-Jan 2017)